Monday, December 15, 2008

Simbang Gabi- 1st day

I went to bed early last night so I could have enough shuteye before today's ordeal. I set my cellphone's alarm clock and my Winnie the Pooh clock just to be sure. Only my cellphone's alarm sound off. I don't know what's wrong with my other clock. Anyway, just as soon as the clock buzz off, I instantly got out of bed. I cannot afford to linger for any minute longer for fear of falling back asleep . I took a shower and boy, the water was really damn cold. I got goosebumps all over my body as soon as the water hit me. I closed my mouth shut to keep it from rattling...It was really, really cold...Today was the start of the nine day novena before Christmas so that's the reason for my waking up early today. The mass started at 5:00 AM but I was up and about at 2:30 AM, call that overly excited. As usual, the church was filled with people. Those who came in late brought their own foldaway chairs. Well, I always make it a point to complete the nine days. Hopefully this year, I will be able to do so....

No comments: