Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What Makes You Happy?

"Happiness comes only when we push our brains and hearts to the farthest reaches of which we are capable."
-- Leo C. Rosten

I'm at the point in my life (I'm in my mid-thirties, for Pete's sake!) where I can say that I have fully get a grip about what matters most to me. The "me should get this and that" phase has pass. Sure, I suffer from occasional lapses but it never gets to the point where I actually shell out cash for something I "think" I want, only to regret it later.

I think I have matured. I realized that happiness does not necessarily mean having "everything"( feel free to think about what"everything" encompass, to you). Of course, it doesn't hurt to have money.

So, what makes me happy?
  • a clear, sunny day
  • when I'm sweaty and hungry, after a tiring but awesome "long run"
 My two girls, AJ and Marielle.
  • my new pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 ( I don't wear them when it's raining because I don't want them to get dirty. Weird, I know.)
  • spend time with my sister and aunt ( and with Taco, too)
 Nanay used to cook this for me back home. Fortunately, I still get to have it from time to time. ( thanks to Ferdinand)
  • read an interesting book ( except for those that I thought are interesting at first but turn out to be the exact opposite)
  • have a little chit-chat with my "folks" on the phone ( My family is far from perfect and there's nothing I can do about it. There's a reason I'm a part of their lives, in the same way that they're a part of mine.)
 Running ( or should I say, jogging) towards the top of Sugarloaf Mountain Park. The view is amazing.
  • Coffee. I'm all for it, anytime of the day.
  • The smell of freshly-baked bread ( especially the ones I make from scratch)
 Happiness is relative. What makes me happy may not work for someone else. And I learned from experience that it's not a good idea to based your "being happy" on a certain individual.

You are happy when you decides to be happy. No matter what the circumstances.

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere." 
--Agnes Repplier 
Now, what makes you happy?

No comments: