Saturday, December 18, 2010

...I came, I bake and then, eat some...

Have anyone of you out there thought about or even give a thought about how exciting it is to actually "keep busy" in the kitchen. Probably, "keep busy" is just too broad a term because I think it encompasses anything anyone would do within the confines of a kitchen. Am I making sense? I hope so.

I'm not the one who "keep busy" in the kitchen, unless it involves stuffing something edible in my mouth until my bloated tummy's content. Except for the occasional "frying an egg" or "cooking some rice",  I can't hardly consider that as being busy. For someone who just only discovered two days ago, what "cream" means, the kitchen is really my least favorite place in the house, unless it's chow time.
 I had my first encounter of some sort with the rolling pin and I have to say, it was awesome. :-)
For the past few days, I've been hopping around the kitchen like a bee. I had my first ever experience of baking some cookies. To most people who are pretty much domesticated, this kind of stuff is ordinary, but to me I had a swell time. I found the experience surreal to me. I've always been honest for my lack of "culinary" skills so when someone told me that I did good with the cookies, all I can do is grinned like crazy.
 Getting my hands "dirty" was worth it.:-)
Hands were sore after all that "work" but I wasn't complaining.:-)
I discovered the wonders of the oven and the delicious concoction that comes out of it. I began to revel the sound of "ding" after it has been preheated and is raring to go. And of course, that other "ding" sound that signals whatever is inside is ready. :-)
When all the "baking" is done, it's nice to enjoy more than a couple of slices of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream on the side. Now, I'm "talking".

So, that's it for now. 



No comments: