Thursday, December 1, 2011

November wrap-up

I'm busy running and reading ( and of course, earning a living ) that I didn't realize that it's already December, until this morning. When I looked at the calendar and heard a Christmas song on the radio ( a first for me ). Okay, I lied. I must be so way 'out there' if I can't remember the days or months for that matter. Now, I have another 31 days ahead of me, to 'exploit' and enjoy.:-)

The opportunity to have your cake and eat it too comes only once a year. And you're not even certain half the time.

But before I get down and bore you with the details of what I'm up to this month ( I have plenty of time to do this later ), allow me to give you a snippet of what I did last month, not that it is extraordinary or something. You have the choice to either skip this post or read on ( and it will be much appreciated by me ).

So, as you know  by now, November is my birth month. I turned 35, more than a week ago. My plan to run on that particular day did not happen. And it's not because for the lack of will. As expected, nothing came out from my "shameless plugging", oh well. I did get a birthday cake, though. ( that is something ) And I will be always be thankful that I'm still here.:-)

And I already miss this.

With regards to my running, I still keep at it. I have to contend with numb and raw fingers now. A runny nose. The biting cold that goes right through me. The sometimes icy road, when the temperature dip so low even if it's sunny. But then I enjoy my run and I'm happy with it, so it's a few compromises I have to live with.

Not a bad post-run munch with a cup of tea on the side.

My reading, on the other hand, is coming along fine. I try to read for a few minutes every day. And with the public library just a walking distance from the house, I'm rarely without a book. ( I can't imagine my life here without the library). I still update my Book List and manage to finish five books last month. Neat.

I welcome December with as much enthusiasm as I have for the past eleven months. It has been a great experience to live through them. What do you think?


No comments: