Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What are you grateful for?

"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." - Frederick Keonig

I've been toying with the idea to come up with something about Thanksgiving. It's purely a coincidence that I decided to write about it at the time that Americans celebrate Thanksgiving. From where I'm at, this yearly occasion was celebrated more than a month ago. I'm not saying that I'm partial to them ( the Americans, I mean ) It doesn't matter to me anyway. Besides, I think that each new day ( however it turns out ) is always a good enough reason to be thankful for. And not just a specified date on the calendar.
I'm thankful for this.

I'm THANKFUL for...

  • RUNNING because it has given me immense pleasure and a strong sense of doing something great, not to mention crazy ( sometimes ). I'm only exceptionally happy when I run. ( If you know what I mean.)
  • BOOKS because I love to read. I can't imagine what my life would be if I don't read. And without books and the library.
  • FAMILY because I realized that no matter how my family is 'dysfunctional' at times, it would be pretty isolating and lonesome to not have them to come home to and belong with. Though at present, I'm far from them.
I will always be thankful for the chance to know my girls.
  • ANOTHER YEAR because turning a year older just means that I'm still here, alive and well. Always willing and thankful to live life, no matter what.
  • BEING HERE because I learned that any place can be as great or crappy as I want them to be. It's just a matter of perspective and the right attitude.
  • FRIENDS because even if I'm boring and all, they still take the time to get to know me. ( You all know who you are.)
  • HIM because when all is said and done, it all comes down to HIM. What I have, I owe it all to HIM.
Some of the happiest and carefree moments I had are those times spent with them.

"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living." - Amanda Bradley 

Anyway, I think I've said enough. So, let's hear it, "What are you grateful for?" And, let's have that turkey, already.!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!




No comments: