Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I found 'love'

No, not that kind of love. Although, I have now an idea what to reply if someone ( especially the nosy ones ) ask me, "How's your love life?" And it would be, "AWESOME!!!" 

Especially not of that kind where you pretend you like someone and go all doe-eyed and act crazy. Okay, enough about that.

Cinnamon buns...bow.

I've always been fascinated about food in its various forms but not so much about how it is prepared. Once, I even told a friend that if she has devious plans to bring me down, all she has to do is put a plateful of something delicious in front of me and I'm finished.  ( Thankfully, I'm not an interesting person to "inspire" someone into plotting my downfall. But then, despite my best intentions to stay invisible, there are people around, who can't seem to think of anything appropriate to say. )

Love 'em fruit preserves.:-)

Whipping up meals has never been my forte and as far as I'm concerned, not one of my skills ( as if I have any ). It would be a miracle if I can come up with something that's edible and wouldn't make someone choke.

So, it was quite a surprise, when for the past few months, I realized that I can be useful in the kitchen. It did not come easy. I had to contend with burns ( Not serious ones though.) and the smell of onions ( even if I like them ).

Bread and bread.

Now, I can prepare a passable mashed potato and gravy. I develop the knack for making salad and eating them. I bake bread and cookies. And cinnamon buns too. I pickled beets and made zucchini relish. Made some raspberry jam and canned peaches. On the other hand, dealing with meat is a weak point. I can't make a beef roast turn out right. Either it is under cook or too well done. And mind you, people here don't like their meat well done. So, I'm working on it. And based from the comments I get from them, I'm doing okay ( except if they're just being polite to me, anyway )


It does not take much effort.

I think, I'm slowly improving with my new-found 'love' that,  I heard suggestions to hook with someone. Or that I'd make a 'good wife' ( whatever that means ) Ah, the irony of it all.

If it's up to me, I'd rather have something that only needs to be heated on the microwave and won't require a lot of clean up afterward.

Anyway, I found out that COOKING is not only about following recipes ( to a tee ) and hoping it'll turn out wonderful. It's more than that.

Talk about finding 'love', eh?




No comments: