Friday, October 5, 2012

Things that make me go "Hmmm...life is good."

I was inspired to come up with this post from something I read in the paper. ( Well, it was actually from Wonderword.) I remember someone telling me, that when you get older, you start to notice the simple and ordinary things around you. I found that to be true.

It occurs to me, how sometimes, life unfolds in ways I don't expect. Whenever I think, everything is going smoothly, somehow, something always goes wrong. Plans don't turn out the way I want them to be. Being away from home have taught me a few things about how to go about life. I'm now more appreciative about what each new day is presented to me, no matter what the circumstances are.
I just love to watch this every morning, while I do the crossword and enjoy my coffee. Life is....:-)

 I decided I'd make a list of things that reminds life will always be worth it. And thought I'd share them with you. ( That is, if you even read my blog. )

  • The smell of coffee and coffee itself. 
  • The delicious aroma that wafts around the house when something is baking in the oven or cooking on the stove. ( And just to let you know, I'm not doing the cooking.)
  • Running 
  • The clear, blue sky
  • Talk to my sister in our dialect.
Hanging out with my sister is always fun. ( No matter how short the time is. )
  • Music
  • Whenever I figure out a word in the crossword puzzle 
  • A good book
  • Cup of tea
  • Driving the truck with the music on.
  • The warmth and comfort of my bed.
  • The feeling of "I just died and gone to heaven..." ( this usually happens whenever I'm served with a delicious meal, which is quite often )
I "love" coffee. Let me not count the ways.
  • My phone calls to my folks back home.
  • The early morning, particularly that part, when the sun rises and treetops are dappled with sunlight.
  • Where I'm at now, I'm fortunate to be with people who are nice to me and treat me as part of their family.

So, there goes my list. It's not much, I know. But in some ways, they make me happy....:-)




No comments: