Thursday, December 13, 2012

Older and thankful...

I turned 36 a few weeks ago. I can't say I feel any different than last year. Of course, it doesn't escape my attention that I'm a year older now. I always look forward to my birthday no matter what. The past year has been a mixture of happy times ( my birthday, for one, that is ) and not so happy times. It entailed a lot of changes in my life. Someone I know passed away. I learned to drive and got my driver's license. Had to look for another job and had to pack my stuff and move again. Despite all that, I have so much to be thankful for. I'm grateful for where I am right now, in my life.
I get to have my cake and eat it too while at the same time, holding on to my beer. And have coffee with Baileys on the side. I'm a happy camper. :-) [ Thanks to Rita.] 

 I realized that things happen for a reason, though most of the time, it's way beyond me. I learned that crappy times don't last long, in the same way, that happy times don't last forever. Still it pays to remember that, there's always that light at the end of the tunnel, only if I know how to look and have patience at the same time. It's a huge comfort to have those happy memories to look back to whenever I feel down.

Turning a year older is an accomplishment in itself. I can't stress this enough. And there's that feeling of being "extra special" even if  just for one day.
Enjoyed sparkling wine with my sister and cousin. ( And other stuff not shown. )

I'll look forward to what this year has in store for me. Hopefully, I still get to run from time to time and do new stuff. Who knows...



No comments: