Monday, March 11, 2013

Oh, hello there....

So, what's up with you guys? January and February just went by in a blur. March is here and it's time to change the clock again, "spring forward", so they say. Resolutions, still there? I know it can be daunting and difficult to keep ourselves in check when something nice and tempting is right in front of us. ( Say, a big slice of a very tasty cheesecake or lemon pie. Just saying. )

I made this "huge announcement" of reading more often, but I didn't get to read for more than a week after I left behind my glasses in my aunt's place. The book, which I was reading at that time and that I would have otherwise finish days ago, lay, collecting dust on my bedside table. Thankfully, my sister realized my "predicament" and mailed my glasses for me. And all was good again. ( I can't read for long or use the computer without my glasses on. And if I do, I get headaches and feel nauseated.)

I like to think that you do check out my blog and read what I write from time to time. So, I assume you know a little bit about what's going on in my life. Not that its my intention to keep you posted on every mundane detail about it.
 My journals...

I have you know that I drank almost an entire bottle of sparkling wine. Yes, this is true. One Sunday night, I hang out with my sister and while she was getting dinner ready, I on the other hand, was busy knocking off a few glasses of sparkling wine. It was really my intention to get drunk but my plan didn't work. My sister was like, what's wrong with you? I dismissed her question with a laugh and drank the remaining contents of my glass. Just to be clear, getting drunk is not part of my resolution.

Another "resolution" I thought of doing is to write often. I even go as far as bought Moleskine notebooks from Chapters. ( Considering that they're $10 a piece and they were already on SALE, it was a splurge. ) Anyway, I'm back to writing on my journal again. I mean, there's no way that I can just let those pricey $10 notebooks to waste and gather dust.

As for my running, it is good so far. I'm happy that I get to do a short run during my work week on top of the ones that I usually do on my days off. I can't complain.

So far, things are good. Hopefully, they stay that way. I try to downplay the fact that I'm happy and like being where I'm at now, for fear that it may not last and then I have to move again.

Now, let's go back to those  resolutions. Where we at, again?


No comments: