Monday, August 26, 2013

Life is too short not to do "boot camp" and drink beer. :-)

Work it!!!
I'm all for doing physical stuff than can be equated to subjecting myself to "torture" and sweating it out like crazy. That's why I love running and marathons. Though I've been told that it's not good for me. Oh, well.

I'm willing to try anything physically challenging, as long as it doesn't require me to be graceful or involves dancing. But let's not get to the "being graceful" or dancing part right now.

I've tag along with Rita when she went to boot camp, more than a couple of times. At first, I just sat on the side and watched them have a go at it. For awhile there, that was all I did, just watch. Until one day, she talked me into giving it a try. And so I did, I hardly say no, anyway.
Post-workout drink. :-)
That first day , while Simon, the trainer, showed the exercises to be done, I thought to myself, I can do that. Forty-five minutes later, I did it all right but my body felt like its been toss and slam around by the bad guys, just like in the movies and left for dead. During a brief break, I told Rita that I'm going to die and she replied, "No, you won't." I could feel muscles that I don't usually use when I run or when I do other stuff. My shoulders, triceps and glutes were sore afterward. When I woke up the next morning, I ached all over, the slight movement made me grimace in pain, of which I did in private. The "grimace" part, I mean.

Anyway, I'm glad I gave it a try and found out that I can do it. And the best part of that first boot camp workout was I get to enjoy a nice, cold beer with my lunch. Yes, I'm spoiled.

So, after that initial foray into a "fun kind of torture", I'm hooked and like to do it again. Fortunately for me, Rita doesn't mind and is game to have me, tag along with her. And Simon is a cool and nice guy too. I love every minute of it and I always think it's fun. I'd do it all over again, no questions asked. Never mind that I'm sore the next day because it's all worth it.

Never stop ..... :-)




No comments: