Sunday, January 16, 2011

..."meaty" or "fluffy"...

Do you prefer deep, intellectual, “meaty” books… or light, “fluffy” books? Why? Give us an example of your preferred type of book. ;)


I have no special preference. It depends on what I'm up for and my desire to read. Books that can't stop me from turning the pages is definitely a must. To name one, "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. I finished this book in three days.

But then, there are books that I can't just find my way around and let alone finish it. I just finished reading "Last Night in Twisted River" by John Irving and I'm not sure if it's "meaty" but definitely not a "fluffy" one.

I prefer books that makes me think and from which I can glean something.




5 comments:

caite said...

It's a bit hard to define meaty and fluffy...I think it depends on each reader. But I think I usually aim for the middle in picking books.

Majanka said...

I heard many good things about John Irving's writing, but I never really got into it. It's still on my to-be-read-shelf. Here's my Musing Mondays.

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Hello there! Nice to meet you :)

Hi there! Hope you are well!

I have joined in with the Musing Monday today...

Here is my answer and my favourite choice of book…

Meaty or Fluffy?

Happy Monday!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Hi Crestina! Nice to meet you. :)

I have joined in with the Musing Monday today...

Here is my answer and my favourite choice of book…

Meaty or Fluffy?

Happy Monday!

Gigi Ann said...

I prefer different genres, but, nothing to deep.