Thursday, February 9, 2012

I read Stephen King's 11/22/63 in 9 days

"The multiple choices and possibilities of daily life are the music we dance to. "

The concept of time-travel is fascinating. I think it is a neat idea to be able to revisit the past and perhaps, change the course of things, especially the ones that mattered. But then there's also the fact that when things are meant to happen, they do and trifling with them can bring repercussions.

One day, I find myself in the library. My eyes wandered into the new books section and saw 11/22/63. I wasn't reading something at that time so I decided to check it out. This is my first time to read one of Stephen King's work. I am familiar with some of his previous novels, especially the ones adapted into film.

Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

So, what made me pick this one? The title intrigued me and more so because it signified a date, thirteen years before I was born. And I think it doesn't hurt to know a little bit more about  American history.

I enjoyed reading this book although it took me more than a week to finished it but it was worth it. Worth the time spent and the overdue fine I have to pay. :-)

"If you've ever been homesick , or felt exiled from all the things and people that once defined you, you'll know how important welcoming words and friendly smiles can be."




No comments: