Sunday, August 5, 2012

Things I like about "You've Got Mail"....

"Don't you just love fall in New York?"

I've always been a movie buff since I was young enough to understand what I'm watching. Let's just say that I used to frequent the movie house whenever I had the time ( and extra cash ) and keep my myself abreast with all the new movies shown. ( Well, not all of them. ) This was during the time when cable TV wasn't popular yet.

I love to watch movies, especially the ones with endings that keep you wondering what happen, long after the credits stopped rolling. "YOU'VE GOT MAIL" is one of my favorites. I'm not really a huge fan of romantic flicks but for this one, I made an exception. And after 14 years when I first watched it, I don't mind  watching it again.

Here's the rundown on why the movie is my all-time favorite...

  • It was filmed in New York City.
  • Starbucks ( which means coffee )
  • Bookstores ( books and reading )
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • Cranberries' song "Dreams"
  • Meg Ryan's hair

Just  few of  the things about the movie  that resonates with me. The plot and story line is simple but it wasn't boring at all. It's a love story but without the usual "effects" that some films has to entice viewers.

[ I have yet to fulfill my 'dream' of one day going to New York City for a visit. And perhaps, when I'm lucky, run in the New York marathon. So I'll wait and see. :-) ]



No comments: