Tuesday, April 7, 2009

...lost in words....


I'm feeling a bit frustrated with myself right now. I have no other means to numb this sickening feeling so I turn to books, if only to ignore what it is I'm feeling at the moment. I'm in between books now. Suddenly, I developed this urge to read any book I can get my hands on. Luckily for me, there are books available. I finished reading the Twilight novel, I don't need to elaborate on this one, since most people are familiar with this book and the movie. At present, I'm almost halfway with the second book, New Moon. When I get to Chapter 4, I reluctantly stopped and I thought, I've had enough of vampires. I read another novel, a short one actually, it's entitled, The Shovel and the Loom by Carl Friedman. It's a far cry from the tale about vampires and what not. The novel dealt about Antisemitism and the protagonist's question about the existence of God and all. ( Talk about variety, huh.). I finished the book in just one day, well, not the entire day really, it's just about 168 pages and I read it in two settings. It serve as some sort of diversion from the vampire stuff. Somehow, it made me feel better. I'm back to New Moon again. I placed my bookmark on Chapter 13 and will get back to it later....

No comments: