Wednesday, April 29, 2009

...with kids...






Taking care of children is not one of my strong suit. Its ironic though since I grew up with eight siblings, six sisters and two younger brothers. I am the eldest so it's no question that I am used to being around with children. But somehow, I managed to keep my distance and carve some private place for myself. The constant ruckus and noise I had to keep up with it on a daily basis, sometimes get on my nerves and made me so prone to anger. Then my nieces and nephews came along. I doted on them. They're quite a handful and oftentimes, I get so fed up when they don't listen to me. Then, it made me realized that that's the beauty of being with children, they make you lose your patience and on the other hand, they teach you how to stretch it. My nieces and nephews are not going to stay as children forever. Soon, they will all grow up and will have their own lives. For now, I just have to enjoy and cherish the times I spent with them, no matter how small or insignificant it may be. Being an aunt, is sure a nice and "messy" thing....

No comments: