Wednesday, August 5, 2009

...do you Facebook?...


Since the advent of the network site Facebook, people around the world has been captivated by it, to put it mildly. Other network sites has taken the backseat since FB came. I guess for someone who is really into networking then this may be heaven to him or her. I mean you can just put any stuff about your self--status updates, photos, applications, online games, etc. You can even get in touch with people whom you haven't heard in like, a hundred years? ( okay, I'm going overboard with the hundred years here) But the point is, you can just do about anything here and that's what make it so popular with the hoi polloi.

I have accounts in different network sites--Multiply, Friendster, MySpace and Facebook. No, I'm no networking nut, heck, I don't even feel comfortable meeting new people. Then why all these sites? Well, I get involved with them for the different purpose they served. I was into Friendster first, then Multiply. I registered for MySpace because it was one way that I get to keep in touch with my cousins in Canada ( for free). Plus, the one thing I like about this site is that I get to look for songs I like and put it in my own playlist. At the moment, I logged in at Myspace just to listen to the songs in my playlist. Then my cousins, moved to Facebook and that how it all started for me. I heard about reports on issues regarding the use of Facebook---about how they will keep your information and photos you uploaded even if you delete your account. It got me wary for a while. But then it did not deter me from uploading photos anyway.

I'm impressed with people who have so many friends on their profile. ( I've been a Facebook user for quite a time now but my friends remained below 30...it just goes to show that I'm no people person...) They must be very, very friendly I suppose. Anyway, I guess its cool to meet new people so you can add them to your friendlist. I'm just wondering though, how can you say someone is your friend? It is just because you came from the same school years ago or he or she happened to know someone you knew also. I guess I misunderstood the word "friend". Well, just a thought....

No comments: