Wednesday, March 3, 2010

...so how's your Grammar?...

In honor of National Grammar Day … it IS “March Fourth” after all … do you have any grammar books? Punctuation? Writing guidelines? Style books?

More importantly, have you read them?

How do you feel about grammar in general? Important? Vital? Unnecessary? Fussy?

Way back in high school, I was not too keen on grammar. I did not look forward to every grammar lessons I had to attend. I had no way out of it so I endured. Fortunately, I was able to manage a passing mark.

I don't have any grammar books or any writing guidelines. If have to consult on punctuations or grammar, I usually just Google it. 

I'm sure that if my writings now will be scrutinized by a grammar teacher, I doubt if I can make the grade. I play it by ear when I write. If I think, it sounds right, then I'd go for it.

Grammar has its own purpose. And somehow, I'm still trying to make my way through it.:-)


5 comments:

Pam said...

This is a fun question. I think people either love it or hate it. :O)

Jennifer said...

Interesting and honest answer. Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/booking-through-thursday-grammar.html

Lori said...

I couldn't agree more. Here's mine.

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Good answer! Honest and to the point. Here's my answer on Rose City Reader.

DanaB said...

I agree! I definitely think the best way to learn grammar is practical...learning by reading and writing for oneself. :)

~~