Monday, March 22, 2010

...welcome to Canada eh...

 (conclusion)
Growing up I've always been fascinated about life in the other time zone. I grew   up watching foreign movies and loving them. Even now, I am more  inclined to watch foreign films as compared to ours.

So anyway, to continue with my tale, the cold really took me by surprise. My flimsy khaki jacket was not able to withstand it. Good thing my sister brought along her jacket for me and she gave me a pair of red gloves from the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.

The night breeze was very cold to my skin, while we were walking downtown Vancouver. We spent the night in my cousin's place and by next morning, we headed out to Nanaimo,  where Mama lives.

The first thing I noticed while we were walking was how the streets are so wide and clean. And the cars did not seem to make any noise as they come and go. And it was very, very cold. I had  fun staring at the cloud of smoke that comes out, every time I open my mouth. Cool eh?

Way back home, I always hated to go out especially during the afternoons because of the extreme heat and I always perspire a lot. Here, it's the opposite. If I stay  long outside without a jacket, I'll probably freeze to death and they say that, British Columbia has the mildest climate in Canada.

with my sister, Lourdes, at Port Alberni
I have a lot of things to look forward to in this new country. All I can I do is to take things one day at a time. I know I have to adjust to almost everything here. It's kind of fascinating to hear everyone around you speak in English. :-) And somehow, I have to learn to do that too. Of course, I know how to speak the language and I just have to get used to it.

So far, this is all I can write about for now. I have been here for more than a week already. I'm pretty sure, I have other stuff to write in the days to come,depending on my mood to put into words every experience that I'm going to encounter here.

Happy reading, eh...:-)

No comments: