Sunday, July 11, 2010

...awesome Saturday...

I always look forward to every Saturdays, especially when my sister came to the island for a visit. We managed to have loads of fun, even if it's just going to the nearby mall, window shopping or just hanging out in my aunt's house. And I also look forward to my usual weekend run. So anyway, first things first. The moment I woke up, I was already psyched up to head out for a short run. Plus it was such a beautiful Saturday morning.
Looking the part. After my run, I managed to sneak in a bike ride around Mama's neighborhood. The streets are off limits, for now. 

With my new found "skill" on top a bike, I am overjoyed beyond words. It was just so cool to be able to stay balanced on it and get to places. I just realized what I missed. It's never too late, so I'm taking my sweet  time.

At mid-morning, I had my first ever driving lesson. I was eager to sit in front of the wheel again. The one I had in Mama's car, a few weeks ago,  did not count. I had a swell time, handling the steering wheel and at the same time, trying hard not to step on the gas pedal or brake too much. I have lots of stuff to learn though. So I booked another class for next weekend.

Afterward, my sister and I had a quick lunch and we went to the library. I requested some books online and I got an email that one was available for pick-up. I have high praises for their library here and I have yet to fully enjoy what they offer. 
 Borrowed. First book to read. I have two more coming and they are all about running. Go figures. :-)

Google Maps rocks! The third time I make use of it. We're still not familiar with Downtown so we relied on this.

Sister soaking up the sun.

From the library, we made our way toward the park. There was some sort of activity there, the Dragon Boat Festival. But when we got there, the race was already finished and we just saw some folks, bringing along their paddles. It was a pretty hot day. I could feel my arms tingling from the scorching heat of the sun. We strolled on the harbourfront walkway then decided to have some ice cream.
 Lick all I want. I can't get enough of ice cream. To cool down.

After that short jaunt at the park, we headed back home. I sat outside, enjoying the afternoon while reading a few pages of the book I borrowed. Then later on, Mama drove us to Bowen Park to try on playing tennis. Well, it was not really tennis per se, since I was just hitting the ball against the wall. Besides, what I did was more of running around after the ball and picking it up than really hitting it with the racket. It was fun though. Few minutes later, I was already sweating and breathing hard. It is a cool workout. :-)
Reading is always cool. Starting off "What I Talk About When I Talk About RUNNING"
In action. My sister was kind enough to snapped this pictures while I was running around.

I had a great day. And most of all, I had fun. Looking forward to another cool and awesome weekend....



No comments: