Monday, July 19, 2010

...a fun-filled weekend...

Weekends are time for sleeping in, I suppose. Lying in bed a little longer than you usually do. In my case, I am too eager to start my Saturday, that I always wake up early. Saturday mornings are reserved for my usual morning run and I always try my best to be steadfast about it.

So anyway, last Saturday went by as usual, minus my sister. She decided not to come because there were some stuff she needed to do. I did my morning run ( finally ran 10K, yes ). A few hours later, I had my driving lesson.

By late afternoon, we were off to Victoria. It was not planned but I grabbed the chance to visit the capital of British Columbia, for the first time. We went to one of their friend's house. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, steak and other stuff. There I get to ride on a speed boat for the first time. It was awesome.
A hotel.
A some sort of entertainment.
Part of Victoria Harbor

It was already midnight when we got back from Victoria. My legs went numb from sitting too long inside the car but it was worth the trip. I'm already thinking of going back there, with my sister one of these days. Victoria is a nice place.

Sunday morning found me, getting out of bed, earlier than necessary. No, I did not head out to run. I woke up early because I was hungry. So I made breakfast then went online. I did nothing in the morning except lounge on the couch and watch TV and even dozed off. At three in the afternoon, Mama came home from work. Then we went to the Dollar Store and bought some stuff. She got a call from her friend, inviting her to go to Parksville. And off we go...
Cool activity.
Basking in the sun.
Enjoying the nice weather.

After looking at the sand sculptures, we head back to the car and drove to Qualicum Beach. We had dinner at a Quality Food store. I had a mini combo meal, consisting of fried rice and sweet and sour pork. I was "busog", afterward. :-) We went to the beach later.
I saw this while I was walking along the beach. Poor thing.
Can't get enough of the sun.
I had the cheesecake flavor. yum, yum, yum...

On our way home, we stopped by at Ranjee's place ( where she work ). It's a part of Qualicum Beach. We stayed there for a while, looked around the place and as always, snapped some photos.
Inside the tree house.
Don and I tried the swing. I had a swell time. :-)

I had fun this weekend and my sister was jealous, because she missed it. Anyway, it was nice. Looking forward to another outdoor adventure to make the most of summer. Never mind that my arms  are now darker from the rest of my body, one drawback of staying outside that I have to get through, I guess.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in Victoria many years ago and enjoyed it too! Good to see The Empress is till there lol.