Thursday, August 11, 2011

...my three "friendship" reads...

I wish it's that easy ( like ABCs ) to walk up to someone and say, "Hey, would you like to be my friend?" or "Can we be friends?" or "Can we hang out?"

Maybe it's no coincidence that the three books I've read lately dealt about friends and the intricacies of friendships. I am loathe to admit it, that I too, need friends. After living for more than a year in a foreign country, I have yet to call someone a "friend". I have friends back home and I miss them ( but I try not to dwell on it so much )

So, here goes...
"People are not always obedient. We say one thing and do another. We feel one thing; then our hearts open in another direction. We see one thing but don't understand that blinders hinder our vision."
"Grief is what tells you who you are alone."

"What they never tell you about grief is that missing someone is the simple part."

"You must be true to yourself even if it goes against the grain of what is expected."

"Remember that life is short and full of surprises. If you wait too long, opportunities fade like the setting sun."

I tried to come up with a book review but I draw a blank. All I can say, is that, having read these books, made me think, about the friends I have.  A friend is not merely someone whom you have almost everything in common. Sometimes, a friend can be someone, whom at first, you thought it's unlikely for you to be friends with, but once you hit it off --- there's magic.

Enough said.



No comments: