Thursday, June 17, 2010

...Now and Then ( my take )...


Do you prefer reading current books? Or older ones? Or outright old ones? (As in, yes, there’s a difference between a book from 10 years ago and, say, Charles Dickens or Plato.)

 I really can't say I prefer reading one over the other. I usually read current books. Oh, I remember it now, if Jane Austen can be considered an old book, then probably this one count but unfortunately, I did not finished reading it. I got bored halfway. I did read Charles Dickens "Great Expectations" though and I was greatly entertained. 
Current books always comes in handy when I need some kind of "reading fix". So I guess that sums it up. On the other hand, I also would love to try reading those classics and maybe learn a thing or two. There's no harm in trying, I suppose.






1 comment:

The Social Frog said...

I desire to read more classics but sometimes I get bored in the middle of a book and I hate not finishing a book. I do tend to love current best sellers but I choose my books on interest rather than age.