Monday, June 28, 2010

...hype or no hype...

What do you think of books that receive a lot of hype? (think of the “Twilight” saga, or “Harry Potter”, or “The Da Vinci Code”). Do you read them? Why, or why not?


 The hype make up for the lack of a good plot or an interesting content all through out. I have read all the books in the Twilight saga not because I got so into it. I was just curious about its end. And I still wonder what's so extraordinary about Bella and Edward, and Jacob as well. 

Harry Potter, on the other hand, entertained me. I read all the seven books and watched every film adaptation. Still, I read it out of pure joy I got. Besides, wizards and magic interest me more than vampires and werewolves.

I also read The Da Vinci Code out of curiosity and even went to the extent of reading all Dan Brown's novels until my curiosity fizzled out.

There are books that I haven't heard about but turned out to be a page-turner. So it all depends. Sometimes, I fall for the hype and sometimes, doesn't.


1 comment:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This is an intriguing issue, don't you think?

I enjoyed your thoughts and visiting your blog, which is new to me.

Here's my musing:

http://meditationsbylaurelrain.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/monday-musings/