Tuesday, August 3, 2010

...what happened on a long weekend...

A long weekend means I have an extra day to lounge around and do nothing, except stuff myself crazy. Anyway, my sister and I always come up with something to do on these days....
I woke up to a Saturday morning with the sun like this. I snapped a photo for the heck of it. I woke up late because I did not head out for my usual run.

Later, the "lawnmower guy" caught my fancy so I snapped his photo. I was embarrass to approach him to get a closer shot.

My sister and I went to this running specialty store. As usual, she always wants her photo taken, anywhere.

On our way home, we chanced upon this deer, minding its business. I managed to take this photo just in time, before it trotted off.

Sunday after church, we went to Ladysmith to watch Stef perform with her band. We arrived a bit early that we managed to get some good seats near the makeshift stage. 
Stef performing on stage. She sung my favorite "Mr. Immature"

Cool way to watch a show and enjoy a sunny Sunday afternoon. They really love the sun.

Stef took the time to sign CDs for her fans.

After we watched Stef, we proceeded to look for a spot in the park where we can settle ourselves and have our lunch. I was so hungry but I tackled the dessert first before the main course. :-)
Our "grub". The chips comes in handy.

my sister and I

After a late lunch, I was stuffed and content to lie down for a while...

We stayed for awhile to watched this event. But I was not really keen on watching it, probably because I felt sleepy and the park was crowded. Still, we stayed until the last event.

I could not stand the sun's heat so I donned this. My sister told me that I look like a parrot. Whatever.

It was close to eight o'clock when we drove back to Nanaimo. A nice way to end our weekend. And its cool because I get to watch Stef perform live on stage for the first time. And literally lie on the grass....




No comments: