Monday, August 30, 2010

...walk the read...

How often do you actually put into practice what you learn from reading nonfiction books (if you read nonfiction, that is)?










I'm not sure if I actually put into practice what I glean from reading nonfiction books, if at all. I'm doing one though, but it can't be considered as "putting it into practice" per se. I am not talkative and I'm not in the habit of rehashing to anyone ( interested to listen that is ) about my life or some aspects of it. There's this one rule from 48 Laws of Power, about just keeping quiet or something and not revealing your intentions until the opportune time comes.

Anyway, I read quiet a few of  nonfiction books but I don't get around to putting it into good use. I am easily distracted and just don't have the patience to get to it.


2 comments:

Kate Scott said...

Like you Musing Monday's response! I know what you mean... putting into practice what you read can definitely be frustrating. Here's my answer: http://parchmentgirl.com/2010/08/30/musing-mondays-no-two/

caite said...

I am not at all convinced that what we read, any knowledge, has to be 'useful'...no not at all.