Monday, November 15, 2010

...read and learn...

“What counts, in the long run, is not what you read; it is what you
sift through in your own mind; it is the ideas and impressions

that are aroused in you by your reading.”

(pg. 7-8, “You Learn By Living” by Eleanor Roosevelt)
What do you think about this quote? Do you believe this to be true? If so, why and how? And, if not, why not?

I like the quote and agrees with it. Reading is not purely the act of taking a book and read it, per se. It goes beyond that. When you start reading , you can't help but be involved in the story. I experienced it and it was great.

You always get to have something out from what you read. And it is for this reason that I enjoy this activity very much. More than once, reading give me the opportunity to ponder what's going on in my life and help me see things in perspective. It makes me think about things and let my imagination runs wild.:-) 


1 comment:

caite said...

I disagree with the quote to the degree that I do think it matters what we read. I think sometimes we...and I certainly include myself in this...have to step out of our cozy comfort zone of reading and challenge ourselves. At least a bit