Monday, November 22, 2010

...truth matters...

What truths do you remember learning in fiction?



I've learned a lot of truths from reading fiction. And it is for this reason that I am passionate about reading in general. To some, who find this activity boring, they don't know what they're missing.


I read mostly fiction though I sometimes read non-fiction. From Taylor Caldwell novel, "Testimony of Two Men", I learned that society will treat a person in an almost aggressive manner if he or she is different and pursues the truth. People who are set in their ways are more hasty to pass judgment to those few who live not in line with their biased views.


After reading all the books from the Harry Potter series, I have to say I learned a lot from it. Friendship goes beyond having something in common. Family is important no matter what. Envy can blind anyone. Sticking it out through all that life throws your way is rewarding at the end.


Reading fiction is more than just letting your imagination runs free. It is also about finding connection with the reality around us.




3 comments:

Lori said...

Cool thoughts....I learned different lessons, I might have been taught with a learning curve in mind though. Here is my answer for Musing for Monday.

caite said...

perhaps the question should be what truths do I not remember learning in fiction?
And the answer would be none, or very few.

Unknown said...

Well put! These questions seem to be getting longer and deeper lately. Hard to come up with coherent answers on a Monday morning! I'm enjoyed reading everyones answers. So many different point of views! Feel free to check out my answer here.