Wednesday, November 17, 2010

...THE SPY...


"Discretion is survival. Defeats and victories should be observed, quietly, after the fact, at a distance." - Yamamoto Kenta ( page 249)

It took me four days to finished reading "The Spy". I have to admit, I enjoyed it immensely, that I woke up very early on the third day just to continue reading where I left off the night before. 

I was never into reading about wars and history because it feel so long-winded and will bore me easily. It was a coincidence that I ran out of books to read and to while away the time, I decided to pick up "The Spy". I'm glad I did. This is my first time to read Clive Cussler's wok and to learn about him. 

I realized that there's always something cool and thrilling when you venture out of  your comfort zone once in a while. Reading this book is one. I've always been hesitant to read books or novels that dates back centuries ago, probably because I find it hard to make a connection. But with "The Spy", it was different. Reading it felt like I watched a movie. I did not expect it to be quite a page-turner. I thought that after reading a few pages, I'd put it back on the shelf and forget about it. I was proven wrong.

"The events we don't plan for are sometimes the best that ever happen to us." - Riker/ O'Shay ( page 284 )

Happy reading!


No comments: