Thursday, January 14, 2010

...i go both ways...



Do you read the inside flaps that describe a book before or while reading it?


 Most of the time, if the author is familiar to me ( like I've already read several of his or her work), I seldom read what's written on the inside flaps. But there are times that I do read them. 

When I go to bookstores and look around, whenever I pick a book I'm not familiar with, I read the inside flaps. And it is during this time that I get to decide whether I want to read it, in its entirety or skimming over it will sufficed.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good answer. Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/booking-through-thursday-14-january.html

Jeane said...

I'm much the same. Sometimes I read them, other times I don't. Especially with fiction, they can give too much away.