Thursday, January 28, 2010

...unexpected...


So, today’s question is in two parts.
1. Do YOU like books with complicated plots and unexpected endings?
2. What book with a surprise ending is your favorite? Or your least favorite?


I always like to read books that keeps me guessing or makes me think about it, long after I'm done reading it. So I think that goes without saying that, I like books with complicated plots and unexpected endings. :-)


I love "To Kill A Mockingbird". I read it twice and will probably read it again. The least favorite one is The Appeal by John Grisham ( though I like his other books ).


6 comments:

Rebecca Chapman said...

I have to admit to not being a bog John Grisham fan, and I think he's a good example of a complicated plot gone wrong at times.

Complicated plots tdo keep it interesting though!

Here is my response
http://pageturnersbooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/booking-through-thursday-twisty.html

Jennifer said...

Our answers are rather similar. I could not choose books, or rather could not think before my coffee, so I gave an example. My BTT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/booking-through-thursday-complicated.html

MizB said...

Love your header pic! Very nice! :) And, you've chosen two books I haven't read, yet. Everyone seems to be doing that, today, though. Guess I've got some reading to do! LOL. :P

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I've never read anything by Grisham.

Here is mine

Jennifer @ Mrs. Q: Book Addict said...

I agree, I love a twist at the end of books. I love being surprised. The ending of To Kill A Mockingbird is great. I've reread it a few times. Great choice.

Here is mine: http://twe.ly/dxc

Jackie (Farm Lane Books) said...

To Kill a Mockingbird is a fantastic book! Have you read The Help? It doesn't have a twist, but is a great book that will appeal to those who love Lee's book.