Monday, May 10, 2010

...cool Mother's day...

I'm not big on special occasion like Mother's day. Still, my sister and I called our Nanay back home and greeted her "Happy Mother's day" one day in advance. They went to the beach. They had a great time as evident by the pictures they sent to us.
our "tanging ina"

Nanay and Tiya with Ikay, Mokang and TJ

For our part here, our treat for Mama on Mother's day was to clean her house. :-) And gave her a Happy Mother's day card. It's the least we can do for her at this time.

So anyway, by Sunday morning, Mama and I had a huge breakfast consisting of toast, poached eggs and coffee while my sister was busy grooming herself. By ten o'clock we drove off to attend a church service.
Pastor Darcy
At noon, after the church service, we went to a Vietnamese restaurant to grab some lunch. We arrived there a bit early so we were seated at once. We all ordered Bubble tea. My sister and I ordered Chicken Curry, while Mama settled on a Vegetable Roll and Spring Roll.
my "glamorous" sister

She was very flattered when I told her that she resembles Stef ( our cousin )

And here's our lunch "feast"....
Vegetable Roll

Spring Roll

Chicken Curry
After our sumptuous lunch, we drove to the mall near Mama's place and that's where we saw this cool set-up on one section of the parking area, complete with all the rides and food concessions. We walked around for a bit, amused at all the rides and people around us. For the first time, I saw a huge crowd outside. And the weather was perfect.
nice to be out
here goes my sister again
cool ride ( but I don't think I'm brave enough to get on it )
 too bad we did not get to try this

We had a great Sunday yesterday. And before we know it, its time again to go on our separate ways and head back to work. We drove back to Mama's house to get our stuff. We get to eat supper first before heading out. Mama drove Lourdes ( my sister ) to the ferry terminal to catch the 7 PM trip. She's going back to Vancouver. Afterward, we drove to my place of work and dropped me off. "Day off" is over.

Another cool thing happened, Mama and I  heard Stef's song "Mr. Immature" played on the radio. Awesome....

No comments: