Monday, May 10, 2010

...reading time...


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about the war books

Do you have to carve out time in your day for reading (due to work and other obligations), or does your reading just happen naturally?

 I am ashamed to say that I professed to love books and reading so much, yet it took me forever to finish the "The Secret Life of Bees". And it was not for lack of time or pressing obligations. Its just that I did not want to make the time. I have more time to spend on Facebook than to attend to my reading.

I'm not the type who specifically has to set aside a time each day just for reading. I lean on more to the "reading just happen naturally". I read whenever I feel that I'm up for it or I have a really good book that I can't wait to get myself into. To me, it  will feel like a bit of a drudgery if I have to set a time to read and all the more reason for me to skip it.

Anyway, to each his or her own. We all have different thoughts on reading. Whatever works for someone may not work for others. The important thing is to find the time to read and enjoy this wonderful privilege.

Which reminds me, I have to get back on my reading now. :-)



1 comment:

Nise' said...

It is a temptation to spend time online instead of reading!