Thursday, May 13, 2010

...I can be swayed...


Are your book choices influenced by friends and family? Do their recommendations carry weight for you? Or do you choose your books solely by what you want to read?

I discovered the joy of reading through my Aunt's suggestion while I was still in high school. Then I had a classmate who also encouraged me to read other books. That's how it all started for me.


At present, I solely read based on what I want to read. Unfortunately, I don't have that many friends and the few I have, are not fond of books the same way I am. As for family, it is only my Aunt whom I can get along when it comes to books.
 favorite place
Sometimes, someone would suggest a book for me. But then, it seldom happens. I've long stop relating to  my sister, any book I've just read when I noticed her eyes glaze over while she was listening to me. That's my cue to stop and which means, she was bored.

When I started blogging and read other blogs about books, I realized that there are many books and authors  that I haven't read or even heard about. 


Joining this weekly activity has prodded me to read more and be open to the other type of stories or books out there that are just waiting for me....



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our answers were very much alike.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Go to the public library there and get a membership card. That's my favorite place to go whenever I'm in Calgary.

Jeane said...

I don't have any friends who are readers, either- so I find lots and lots of recommendations via the book blogs. It's a wonderful online community!