Thursday, September 24, 2009

...angels and demons...

I'm thoroughly impressed with Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, a prequel to The Da Vinci Code. I'm no expert on writing book reviews and I don't intend to write one now. I just finish reading it this afternoon, after a few days of burrowing myself in the story. I can't put the book down, after I started reading a few chapters. I stayed way past my bedtime to read and woke up earlier than the usual time to continue reading. I was reading Mansfield Park when I got Angels & Demons. I had to admit reading the latter which is a page-turner is far more interesting than the former.

I'm not much of a history nut but I do appreciate learning about them. While reading Angels & Demons, I learned about antimatter's ( which I thought is just a product of Brown's imagination) existence. The Illuminati and the Freemasons. And also about the Ecstasy of Saint Theresa which I haven't the faintest idea until I read this book.

Anyway, Angels & Demons is a good read. I get a free pass to journey into the Vatican City and all its intricacies through Brown's skillful storytelling.

Now I'm off to another one. :-)

No comments: