Wednesday, September 9, 2009

..."first time" to fly...





After sixteen long years, I got to ride in a plane again. My second time actually but I could no longer remember how it felt when I ride in a plane the first time. You can only imagine what's going on in my mind while I was at the airport waiting to board. For the past few months, I have been watching this show in National Geographic, entitled, Air Crash Investigation. I never thought that I will ride in one. I was filled with anxiety and at the same time excitement.

I tried to keep my cool while I was already inside the plane. I sat by the window and I can clearly see outside. I got so scared when the plane taxied, then started gathering speed for take-off. I felt like my head was suspended in the air while the rest of my body floated around. While the plane was gaining altitude, my stomach heaved. I closed my eyes and braced myself. The more than an hour flight seemed to last forever. I was silently praying, "Please, let us land safely."

It was only when we landed that I begun to feel at ease. I was filled with relief. I even managed to snapped some pictures.

No comments: