Friday, September 4, 2009

...for Kassandra, love will always comes first...

I'm supposed to be preparing for something that I need to do but at the moment, I felt like my brain is not working the way I need it to. So, to ease off a bit, I turn to my blog.

I have posted an article, July of last year. Actually, I did not write it. I just "copy and paste"it from a website. Lately, as per my FEEDJIT, a lot of people has been reading it. I posted that article days after I watched a show on TV. The show was entitled Extreme Makeover Home Edition. The episode was about an 8 year old girl's request to renovate the hospital she has stayed when she was having treatment for her cancer. Little did they know, the show also renovated their house. I even cried while watching that show because, Kassandra, reminded me so much of someone. Kassandra Okvath is the name of that little girl. Days after I watched it, I was looking for more information about her. She had created the "love comes first" foundation but when I checked the site, there's nothing. I just want to know what happened to her now. Is her cancer finally gone? Since the Extreme Makeover home edition episode happened almost four years ago.

Just this morning, I found an article about Kassandra's family.(click here) I was disheartened to know that they are putting up their house for sale because they can no longer afford its upkeep. It is sad. Kassandra has that nice, special room, suited for her fragile condition and personally designed by Ty. In the end, she will have to let it go.

I was not really impressed by the Extreme Makeover's immense "gift" of a new house to the lucky families chosen. Sure, it is a good thing for them to do, but there's one thing, they haven't thought about. They just focused on the "right here and now" but failed to think ahead. The families are not well-off so giving them a new house that cost a lot to maintain in the long run is impractical. And with the economy now going haywire in the US, all the more reason for them to lose their homes.

It's hard for families to finally realize one day, that they will have to give up the house which they have lived for quite a time and where they have created memories. I'm sad for Kassandra. I just hope things will be better for her family and especially for her.

NOTE: I found another old article about Kassandra.(click here) Feel free to read it.

2 comments:

Jean-Yves said...

Hi, I'm Jean -Yves. I'm a 42 yo guy from Paris. This episode from makeover with the little Kassandra was on the air today in my country (France).

I was very touched with this battling cute girl against the disease.. And I wanted to know more about the present days..

The things I read are so devastating (crisis, Dad's back problem, new home selling..)

How Kassandra's health is now ?

Happy new year and hope to read you if this message arrive well to you..

Best regards from France,
Jean-Yves
contact: surfer.manATfree.fr

Anonymous said...

Looks like she has a facebook page and one for her bead selling. The domain of lovecomesfirst is for sell. The house sold for 540,000