Tuesday, October 26, 2010

...I love the phrase "shameless plugging"...

Two weeks before my birthday last year, I had the gall to write a post about what I want for my birthday. Suffice to say that I got it all. I can't recall anymore if I got drunk at that time. One thing I did remember well though, I was happy. I had an "awesome" birthday. :-)

A month from now, I'm getting a year older ( God willing ). Nothing much has changed for the past year, except for my location at the moment. I'm miles away from my family and friends now, so that's kind of a bummer. Though, I have my sister and aunt here. But still.

Anyway, I'm not going to be melodramatic here. The sole purpose of churning out this post is to get across my birthday wishes ( "ahem" ) to those people who find me  'special' somehow ( Well, they did not really say it to me. I just assumed it)

For this edition of my shameless plugging, I'm doing away with the "list". It's kind of boring to look at and overwhelming. One thing I learned  after my seven months of stay here is to say what you want, up front. ( doesn't really matter if you get it right away, at least you tried). So indulge me for a few minutes of your precious time here, after all, my birthday is coming up...

Stieg Larsson's Millenium Trilogy ( doesn't have to be the exact image above, paperback is fine with me )

NOOK ( If you're curious, click here.)

The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene ( I already have Greene's  two other books. I just thought I should also read this one. And please, don't think I'm out to seduce anyone.)

So there goes my 'birthday wishes'. I think it's not that complicated actually. And not that many compared to what I had made last year. Anyone can have their own way at looking this. To some, it may be too extravagant and unreasonable. Hence, the title "shameless". Go figures.

Now unto more serious stuff. My world will not fall apart if I don't get all those things I mentioned above. And I can get by without them ( There's always the library. What's the point of my library card if I don't use it?) I just love the sound of "birthday wishes" :-) 

What I really want is not just for me, per se. I find it more fulfilling and meaningful to share what I have with my family, especially now. So to reiterate what I wrote last year with some revisions:
  •  Good health for my family and friends. And for myself too. ( I haven't forgotten my 'lofty' goal of running a marathon before I reach 40 ( puhon2x) )
  • The means and willingness to provide for my family.
  • Hopefully, I will realize that all what is happening to me now is just "one more passing show" and that I should not feel so bad about it.
  • To always "Be satisfied. Be grateful."
  • And lastly to "Don't sweat the small stuff...and it's all small stuff."
Hope I did not bore you senseless with my "shameless plugging" for this year. Happy reading and thank you for indulging me...:-)




No comments: