Saturday, November 21, 2009

...awesome birthday...


 now, look at this...
I woke up a bit groggy this morning. I was thinking of going out for a birthday jog but I was not able to do so. I slept late last night over the excitement of my new books and the feeling that I am about to turn a year older.

I was up early as usual. Had my usual coffee and continued reading Dicken's Great Expectations. At half past six, I went out to hear mass. Joy joined me, actually, I asked her to accompany me. Afterward, I spent the entire morning in my room, alternating between doing some stuff on the computer and reading. At almost dinner time, we went to Jingle's house.

To say that I was surprised was an understatement. You see, I'm not the kind of person who go berserk when excited or surprised. When I saw the pastel colored balloons with the word "Happy 33rd Birthday, Tata", I was dumbfounded and just grinned like crazy. I did not go berserk on the outside but inside I was on high. You see, I never had balloons on my birthday, not even once, until today.

I did a double take when Jingle placed the birthday cake on the table. I had the suspicion that she and Joy were up to something for my birthday. I didn't know they will go to this extent. My birthday cake, as what would Po said, "AWESOME!"

"We all have something in common. Guess what?"
On one corner of the table were a pile of party favors and party hats in Winnie the Pooh motifs. Food and drinks were present as customary. Jingle's son, Luis joined in the merriment. He prepared games and we had a blast. He was very game and the only kid present.Moments later, Mae Ann and Fritzie arrived. They brought along a pizza. We ate some and drink some. Jingle's daughter, Anna and her friend also joined us.

Joy, Jingle, Luis and me


The 33-year old, cleverly disguised as a responsible adult. Go figures.


Joy, Jingle, Luis, me, Fritzie and Mae Ann




Check out my presents. Something came out good from my "shameless plugging" blog post. And luckily, someone read it too. :-)




and then came Po

 It's good to be 33. Thank you guys...:-)

No comments: