Sunday, November 15, 2009

...book wishlist....





 With the holiday season now upon us, have you left any hint – subtle or otherwise – for books family and friends might buy you for Christmas? Do you like to receive books, or do you prefer certificates so you can choose your own? 


My birthday is coming up in a few days and I have indicated books in one of my posts for my birthday wish list, hopefully. For Christmas, I'm really not sure if I'm going to get any books from anyone. My family and friends know about my penchant for reading and they also know that I'm crazy about books. I leave it up to them.

I still have to come up a list of books I want for Christmas so starting now, I will be leaving tip-offs about the books I'd like to have. On the other hand, it will be nice to receive a certificate too ( though I haven't experienced it yet ). Anyway, whichever way works for me as long as there will be books.





6 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Yup, it's time to start leaving hints. Here is mine

The Book Resort said...

Here's to books! now let's start leaving subtle hints, LOL!

Have a very Happy Birthday!

Here's mine:

http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/11/musing-mondays.html

caite said...

I just think it is too hard, too likely to go wrong, if you attempt to buy specific books for someone. unless they actually leave a list around or give very big hints.

a nice book gift card is so much safer.

Yvonne said...

I love gift certificates and choosing whatever I want.

Nise' said...

Happy Birthday! Book and cake, great combo!

crestina said...

Thanks to all your comment guys..can't wait for my birthday..:-)