Sunday, November 22, 2009

...no favorites...






 What books did you read while in school? Were there any that you particularly liked, or hated? Did any become lifelong favorites?

I started reading "seriously" when I was in high school. I was into the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew stuff. Later on, my aunt introduced me to reading the novel, Hotel by Arthur Hailey. From then on, the rest is history. I become hooked to reading that I could not stop. I frequented the high school library and borrowed books. I read Sidney Sheldon, Robert Ludlum, and John Grisham. During college, I ventured out to other authors and into non-fiction.

I read for the simple reason of being entertained and informed, in a way. Though, I still have to steel myself to last long enough to finish one novel, when in comes to the classic. I like To Kill A Mockingbird too that I read it twice.

3 comments:

caite said...

I think a lot of so called 'classics' get a bad rap for being too difficult or dull, when in reality thy are often just great, timeless stories.

Alayne said...

Nancy Drew is always a great one to remember. Here's my link: http://thecrowdedleaf.wordpress.com/

Nise' said...

I read everything by Hailey and Sheldon during my college years.