Friday, November 20, 2009

...recent finds...

After being coop up in my room the whole day, I was eager to go outside despite the heat. I would have love to go out and just walk around more often but because I perspire a lot, I was discourage to do so. Except for those times when I go out to jog early in the morning.

Yesterday early evening, I overlooked this small inconvenience on my part and went out. Joy and I went to Chowking near Fuente OsmeÑa to have dinner. We ordered our usual Nai Cha and their new Limited Edition Duet meals--Sweet & Spicy Mandarin Chicken and Crispy Fish. Afterward, we went to Watson's then proceeded to Robinson's. I went straight ahead to BookSale while Joy dropped by David Salon's.

I have no sane explanation for how I feel whenever I enter BookSale ( besides, I think no one really cares!). My only complaint about this place is that there's no AC unit. So minutes after I was inside, I started sweating but it did not stop me from bending over, poring over the hundred of books. At some point, I kneel down to have a closer look on the books piled underneath a table. If not for other customers present at that time, I would have crawled around. I managed to keep myself in check.

worth sweating over
I did not left the store empty-handed. I was beside myself with excitement when I saw a Taylor Caldwell hardbound novel. The pages were a bit yellowed already but hey, I've been looking for novels written by this author, so...Another cool find was a book by Dean Karnazes, Ultramarathon Man. Check out my other blog for the detail of why I'm interested with this one..

I already have accumulated a lot of books for the past few weeks.I guess this is  enough for my Dec. 5 "readathon".

No comments: