Thursday, November 26, 2009

...i'm thankful..



It’s Thanksgiving in the U.S.A. today, so I know at least some of you are going to be as busy with turkey and family as I will be, so this week’s question is a simple one: 
                              What books and authors are you particularly thankful for this year?

Here in the Philippines, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving as a special event like what residents in the U.S.A. do, but just the same, we do have celebrations that can be construed as a way of thanksgiving too.

So, even if we don't have Thanksgiving per se, we still find it important to give thanks whenever we can and at any day.

I'm thankful for the following books I've read and those I'm about to read for this year:
1. The Winner Stands Alone ( Paulo Coelho) & Animal Farm ( George Orwell )- I got these books from birthday:-)
2. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
3. The Appeal & The Associate- both by John Grisham
4. Angels & Demons and The Lost Symbol- both by Dan Brown
5. The Twilight Saga series ( Stephenie Meyer)- All of the four books I finished earlier this year.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!



2 comments:

Marce said...

Never heard of your first choice, interesting.

Here is mine
http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/11/booking-through-thankful-thursday.html

The Emerging Runner said...

My favorite fiction book this year was "City of Thieves" by David Benioff. I'm reading "The Wild Trees"by Richard Preston and I think it's my favorite non-fiction book this year. Neither book fits my usual criteria for selection so I am fortunate to have taken a chance on those two.