Thursday, November 12, 2009

...are there really bad books?...


“Life is too short to read bad books.” I’d always heard that, but I still read books through until the end no matter how bad they were because I had this sense of obligation. Do you read everything all the way through or do you feel life really is too  short to read bad books?

 My fond for reading stemmed from the fact that this is one activity I can find refuge, not that I'm in a certain kind of threat. Reading has afforded me the benefit of being places I never dreamed of going to, knowing people I know I will never get to meet in my lifetime and being in the middle of a tale that is sometimes unthinkable to some.

When I started reading, I was not bent on looking for a good read. I read anything I can put my hands on. I remember borrowing my aunt's collection of condensed Reader's Digest books and when I'm finished with it,  moved on to other books.

I think there aren't really bad books. It all depends on who's reading what. Like in my case, I read for the reason to be entertained and learn something from it. And I'm also after improving my vocabulary.  At present, I struggled over finishing Jane Austen's Mansfield Park. I can not say this is a bad book just because I can't seem to finish reading it. 

I read anything that I think is an interesting read, though to others, it may not be worth picking up. 

 


No comments: