Wednesday, October 7, 2009

...click...



I'm picky when it comes to what movies to watch. But then, anything from Adam Sandler, is an exception. I had no second thoughts about watching "Click" for the first time. I expected it to be downright funny but it also turned out be an eye-opener for me.

The scene above strike a chord within me. I've always been hard at myself for not reaching out to my father while he was still alive and watching that particular scene just makes me cry.

The movie pointed something very important to me. Many years ago, I had always wish my life was different...that my father was someone other than the man he was at that time. I had wish that somehow I did not have to grovel to have something I want. Somewhere along the way, I have put the blame on my father.

At least in the movie, Adam's character has that universal remote and he still get to replay that last time he saw his father.

I can never turn back the time. It was already too late when I realized that in some ways, I am like my father. And it's sad that I have no way of making it up to him no matter how much I desperately wanted to....

No comments: