Monday, October 5, 2009

...108 things you didn't know about me...

I come across this blog with a post entitled "101 things you didn't know about me". I have a "25 things you didn't know about me" list on Facebook.

It's quite tedious coming up a list of things other people don't know about you (besides I think they really don’t care). But just for fun, I decided to come up with this. I was tempted to follow the 101 list but to add some personal flair in it, I make it 108. Wonder where I get that number?

1. When all is said and done, my family is all I ever have.

2. I'm a foodie. I just love to eat. FOOD is my weakness.

3. I'm a morning person. I'm used to getting out of bed before the sun is up. I'm usually up and about at 4 in the morning.

4. I regret not knowing my father that well before it was too late.

5. Sometimes, I miss my grandmother.

6. My favorite girls: AJ and Mokang

7. I drink occasionally but not to the point of getting so inebriated except for that one time when I ended spending the night at a friend's place. That was my first encounter with tequila.

8. Whenever I enter any Starbucks coffee shop, I always sing "Heaven...I'm in Heaven" but only in my mind. I just love the smell of coffee and I'm hopelessly addicted to caffeine.

9. I always dream of going to New York City someday. Hope that someday is not that far-off.

10. Scrapbooking is where I unleash my so-called creative side.

11. Lately I find myself interested in photography. I take pictures mostly of my nieces and of anything that strikes my fancy.

12. I like early morning shower.

13. I like the lead character in the BONES TV show, Dr. Temperance Brennan. I wish I am as intelligent as her.

14. I'm the T-shirt, jeans and sneakers type. No frilly, tight-fitting stuff for me.

15. If I have the means to splurge then it will be on BOOKS. I go nuts over them. My favorite place in the mall is the bookstores.

16. I'm very particular with time.

17. I used to do kickboxing and sprained my right hand and left foot in the process. Those were the days....

18. I'm a homebody and only go out when I really need to. I'm not much of a party-goer.

19. Sometimes, I can be indifferent and sarcastic.

20. I love to watch movies (a horror flick is not for me though).

21. I like to watch the sunrise and sunset. Clear blue skies during good weather.

22. I'm also into music. I listen to whatever that suits me. I like Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

23. I took a course in college to be a bean counter but I don't work as one.

24. I'm afraid of thunderstorms.

25. "I'm wary of relationships." - Dr. Temperance Brennan

26. I am conservative. I still believe that couples should only consummate their relationship after marriage.

27. I realized that this does not hold true anymore nowadays.

28. During my elementary years, I dreamed about becoming an astronaut.

29. In high school, I thought about working as a Walt Disney animator.

30. I took and failed in the CPA board exam four times.

31. I finally recognize that giving up does not necessarily mean surrendering.

32. I don't like to watch Tagalog teleseryes on TV.

33. I prefer foreign films and TV shows.

34. I've been in only one relationship. I got into it just to see how it felt to be in one.

35. I really don't comprehend what LOVE is and why there is so much hype about it.

36. I don't like going to hospitals.

37. Watching House on TV made me think how cool it is to be a doctor.

38. I am boring.

39. If it’s up to me, I'd rather be alone all the time.

40. I find it annoying when people are nosy.

41. I'm into running.

42. The longest distance I've run in a race was 10K.

43. I am shy.

44. That is the reason I don't have many friends.

45. Someone made a comment that I am autistic.

46. Sometimes, I think that it's hard to be different.

47. I did not cry when we laid our father to rest.

48. It was only days later, when I could finally be alone.

49. I don't see myself getting married.

50. Luckily, I'm not expected to.

51. I can sleep while sitting especially if I'm too exhausted.

52. I hoard books.

53. My usual breakfast, either a bowl of cold cereal or oatmeal.

54. I always try to cry in private.

55. Someone told me I'm smart but until now, I'm still looking proof of that.

56. I don't wear shorts.

57. I don't have a single dress in my wardrobe.

58. I make up excuses to avoid meeting new people.

59. I wish I can pretend to be outgoing and interesting.

60. I'm always broke.

61. I can easily fall for people who are nice to me.

62. I'm not religious.

63. I wonder why some people choose not to believe in God.

64. At some point during my fascination of John Grisham's novels, I was entertaining the idea of taking up law.

65. I named my nephew, Tristan, after the name of the male lead character in the movie "Stardust."

66. I can't cook.

67. I prefer to do my own laundry.

68. My bedroom is messy.

69. I like singing Dora's song, "We did it!”

70. I have only two brothers.

71. I was very nervous when I rode on a plane for the second time.

72. I don't know how to swim.

73. I've read all seven books in the Harry Potter series.

74. I drooled over the display of washboard abs in the movie "300".

75. I'm a fan of Lea Salonga.

76. I hoard coffee mugs.

77. I perspire a lot.

78. I like watching National Geographic's Air Crash Investigation.

79. For a time, I was a fan of Guns n' Roses.

80. I like ice cream.

81. I plan to have a children’s party for my birthday.

82. My favorite cartoon characters, Pooh and Kung Fu panda.

83. I don't carry a purse or a bag when I go out.

84. I've read all four books in the Twilight saga.

85. For me, the late Kurt Cobain epitomizes cool and grunge-look.

86. I think Philippine politics sucks.

87. I'm wary of people who talks a lot.

88. If I'm meant to be in love, I'd like to fall for someone like Booth.

89. I like collecting wristwatches. Though at the present, I have only six.

90. I seldom get angry but when I do....

91. I like reading Housisms. I even quote some of them. Here's a sample. "I'm physically incapable of being polite."-House

92. I have discovered that peanut butter and banana is a perfect combo.

93. I like tofu.

94. I believe having children is a very huge responsibility.

95. I don't wear high heels.

96. I'm afraid to speak in front of an audience.

97. I like anonymity.

98. I am thinking of cooking breakfast for my folks at home. (It’s still a plan, though)

99. I grow up surrounded with a lot of children.

100. I like listening to Dies Irae.

101. Whenever I listen to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, it seems that time stands still.

102. I am halfway to reading all five novels of Dan Brown.

103. I feel suffocated when I’m in the midst of a huge crowd.

104. I like running a lot even though I run very slowly.

105. I plan to run in a marathon before I reached the age of 40 (God willing).

106. My younger siblings give me the nickname “panda” after they saw the movie Kung Fu Panda.

107. I got very nervous the first time I held a Nikon SLR camera. Another dream: Nikon D90 camera.

108. It took me days to finally complete this list. Whew!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With regard to your #38 - you may feel boring but your writing is anything but boring.

You have beautiful expressive writing and a talent for painting your life in color through your words of self-awarness rather than shadowing yourself, as most of us do, in the grayness of denial and pretense.

The real truth of who we are is known only from our own heart, from where we must first learn to love ourselves before we are feel safe to accept love from others.

It was a blessing to me and uplifting to read your blog tonight.

Beth

Anonymous said...

hush with that 108 thinggy...you are SPECIAL and SOMETHING... enough said.

crestina said...

Hi Beth, thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to read my post. I appreciate your comment on my writing.
I'd like to think that I'm compensating my obvious lack of social skills with my writing.
Thanks again for visiting..:-)

Crestina