Tuesday, October 6, 2009

...the lost symbol...


After more than a week's worth of burying myself in the story, I was finally able to finish reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. I devoted the early hours of the morning for reading so I won't get distracted by the all the "noise" around me.

I had a great time reading it. It felt like I was watching a movie. But then, film adaptation somehow fails to satisfy me. As always, the movie turn out to be different from the book it is based on. Well, it is expected, I believe it is not possible to fit a hundred pages worth of storyline to a more than two hours of action on the big screen. It's up to the film director and producers, I suppose, to still convey the real plot and subject to the moviegoers. On the other hand, if this book will be adapted into film, then I will be incline to watch it too, if only to pick on the deviations.

I was entertained while reading The Lost Symbol. I don't like writing a book review because I think, I don't know how to write one, without just relating what the book is all about.

So, anyway, if you're up to being challenged and regaled about Freemasonry, Ancient Mysteries, and Noetic Science, then I suggest you give The Lost Symbol a try...:-)

No comments: