Sunday, October 18, 2009

...Sunday food trip...

I could just not let this pass..yum..yum...
what's left of the Empress Roll after I dig in
Siomai with Quail Eggs ( the eggs were gone in a flash :-D )
this time, I opted for the Yang Chow Fried Rice
I have this quirk thing of watching a movie ( I especially like ) over and over again, to the point that I'd already memorize some of the dialogues. Weird huh. So, the subject of my obsession at the moment is the chick flick "Made of Honor". I guess you probably heard about this movie or watched it already.

For one thing, the movie was entirely filmed in New York City, except for those other scenes which showed Scotland. I'm not sure if it was really filmed there on location.

Anyway, there was one scene in the movie where the characters, were having lunch at a Chinese restaurant. As they went through the motions of ordering their food from the cart that went around the place, I was hit with the sudden craving of siomai, steam rice, egg roll...just typing all these evoke my gustatory experience yesterday.

For lunch, we decided to go to Harbor City in Ayala. I have been to that place but I find it too noisy for such a crowded place of eating. When we went there yesterday, we had to wait for a few minutes to be seated. The inside was full of lunch time crowd, abuzz with life and of course, the mouth-watering smell of food. Finally, we were able to go inside, sat on our table and place our order. I give the menu a cursory glance then place my order.chicken feet ( I prefer the breast part though )

After the sumptuous lunch, we proceeded to walk around the mall, for a while, waiting for the time. We did not go there to have just lunch since Joy had some tasks to do too. I went to NBS and browsed over some books.

Since it was not yet time, we went to MyJoy for our afternoon snacks ( now you have some inkling as to why I'm FAT). I had Halo-halo and french fries. Just love eating....

another of my favorite ( I have lots of favorite when it comes to food)
love their French Fries ( way better than those from....)

Till my next food trip...:-)
And mind you, this post is not really about the movie...



No comments: