Friday, October 16, 2009

...the sandwich and me...


So what's with me and peanut butter? Actually, none. Add in a banana to make it merrier. :-) For the longest time, I've been eating bananas and slathered peanut butter on my bread from time to time but not together. Get my gist? Hope so.

So, as usual, I woke up early today. I read several chapters on The Associate before I had my first cup of instant coffee. I planned to work out a sweat this morning but the lure of the book overpowers me. After three chapters, I decided to turn my attention to the computer. I checked my emails, then my blog and then had another cup of coffee. I ignored the first onset of hunger but after a few minutes, I gave in. I was thinking of having the usual bowl of oatmeal then I remembered something.

I made myself a sandwich. Not the typical sandwich. I placed two slices of wheat bread in the toaster, while waiting, I sliced up a half of a banana. Afterward, I spread a generous amount of peanut butter on one slice of bread, then meticulously arranged several pieces of the sliced fruit.

Anyway, before I begun munching on it, I took several photos ( just for keeps ). My mouth waters just by looking at it and when I finally took a bite...I was so taken by it. The play of of the sliced banana and peanut butter, coupled with the texture of the bread, in my mouth is, as Dora would exclaimed happily, "yum...yum...yum... delicioso..." :-)

No comments: