Saturday, December 19, 2009

...fifth day...i'm here still...

Fifth day of the Simbang Gabi. I fully intend to complete all the nine days. For the past five days, I've been up at a quarter to three in the morning. Not that it made a difference because on the ordinary days I am always up early especially if I go out to run. I have to compromise on my running to give way to this besides it only happens once a year.


It was already past nine o'clock last night when I finally get to bed. We had dinner outside. When we got home, Joy and I decided to went out again and took pictures of the well-lit streets near our place.

When my alarm buzz off, I was hesitant to get up. I was still very sleepy. Turning off the alarm and holding my cellphone, I lingered in bed for a few minutes. Afraid that I might eventually fall back to sleep, I decided to get up and took a shower at once. I had my usual cup of coffee. Since today is a Sunday, I am apprehensive that there may be a lot of people going to church. We left our place a bit early. But when we get to the church, there's still few people inside. I was wrong. Joy give a me a look that says "I told you so." At least we're early, was all I can think of a reply.

Once inside, my eyes started to feel heavy again. I tried not to close them even for just a tad because If I do so, I know I will start dozing off. The mass went fairly well, as usual. I'm thankful that I still manage to attend until now and for the remaining four days, hopefully.

Five days down, four more to go.

No comments: