Thursday, December 17, 2009

...third day...think out of the box...

Third day of Simbang Gabi. I woke up to the usual annoying and familiar sound of my alarm. By this time, my body clock has already adjusted to the very early wake up time. I hurriedly got out of bed then proceeded to make some coffee then hit the showers afterward. I have a pretty boring routine every morning. Good thing is I kind of like it.

For the past two days, we usually just walk back home after the mass and after we had some breakfast. I usually just wore slippers and I find it uncomfortable while walking besides I can't walk that fast when I had it on. Callus has developed on my left foot. So this morning I wore my running shoes and the walk back home was comfy--I felt like I could run. :-)

The people occupying  on the front pews are getting fewer by the day. People usually started filling in thirty minutes before the mass will commence. We arrived at the church at ten minutes past four o'clock. We still get to sit on our favorite spot. I'm loving this. I have to adjust my eyes to the glaring lights inside. The moment I sat, I begin to feel sleepy. I was not able to take a nap yesterday afternoon because we went out. I tried to fight off drowsiness by glancing up on the church ceilings and watched the birds take off.

I was happy about my small feat  yesterday--staying awake for the entire time the mass was going on. And I intend to continue with this until the ninth day, hopefully.  This morning, the mass started on time, thankfully. The all-male band added to the festive mood inside the church, with their upbeat songs. I'm positive that no one was fighting off sleep while listening to the priest's homily. We were all attentive.

Today's theme was about "thinking out of the box and learning from the margins". The gospel came from the book of Matthew. I'm not going discuss  here at length, what it's all about.

After the mass, we headed home immediately. We decided to have breakfast at our place because we have some leftover food from yesterday. Besides, it will be expensive if we keep eating outside.

There goes my tale for the third day of Simbang Gabi.

Three days down, six more to go.

No comments: